Pages

Thursday 19 March 2009

online czech game Samorost


By accident I found this game Samorost2. It`s flash online game adventure and won couple of awards. Very simple point and click, but quite fun and a bit dark atmosphere. You are small guy (dwarf?) looking for his dog on a small planet full of creatures, corridores, old pipes and rusty fridges. What gets me the most is the design. The hand-drawn style combined with real images in very original way makes a detailed world, that feels like small scale, somewhere out of our reality. Each level has its music that fits to the environment and makes the right mood for it. Sometimes it sounds like some ambient work of Nine Inch Nails... really cool.
I found that the company Amanita Design has recently got 2 nominations: British BAFTA and Excellence in Visual Art from IGF. Even more surprising was that one of their collaborators is my favorite artist Adolf Lachman!
And now my friend told me they are really famous in online game stuff for long time already. Well, at least I found them now! :)

No comments: